- the work of the Ecology Centre and grow in understanding of the purpose and value of the organic farm on their doorstep;
- a change in daily practices that can have a positive effect on how other living species can be cared for and nurtured;
- learning about the environmental cost of loss of biodiversity, of poor waste management and pollution.
We plan to create awareness about the following:
- Climate change challenges - imperative choices that will make a difference
- Biodiversity in the local area
- Sustainable living patterns that can have lasting positive effects on the planet.
How will this programme develop a more sustainable local community?
The students all live in the local community and they will be given space to focus on:
- Creating a socially just human presence in the local community where inclusion and equality are respected and opportunity to benefit from local resources is normative.
- Creating greater consciousness of interconnectedness of all living species sharing our planet earth.
- Relationship between daily living practices and responsibility for the future of planet earth - nothing is outside the perimeter of ecological concerns in the local community.